Thread: Get stuck on some sort of loading screen when trying to install ubuntu from boot

Beans

Get stuck on some sort of loading screen when trying to install ubuntu from boot

Hi

I have loaded ubuntu to a 16GB usb drive using Universal USB Installer (provided by the official ubuntu site). I already have windows 7 64bit installed on my system (freshly installed has not been used at all), as I wish to dualboot. When I boot from my USB, I get to the screen where I choose whether to run or install ubuntu. Whenever I click run OR isntall, it goes to a black screen with a lot of text running through the screen until it gets stuck. I have attached a snapshot of exactly where it gets stuck.

I have tried with both ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop-i386 and ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop-amd64, no difference at all. In addition I have tried using two different USB drives, still no effect. I'm not installing on UEFI, meaning it's all being done on legacy mode. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks a lot in advance.

- Spliid
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Get stuck on some sort of loading screen when trying to install ubuntu from boot

Can you provide some information about your hardware? I see that Ubuntu loads nouveau but there is also a line suggesting that vga_switcheroo is enabled, so you seem to have a switchable graphics card.

Beans

Re: Get stuck on some sort of loading screen when trying to install ubuntu from boot

Sure

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor, Windows 8 64bit (replaced with w7 now), NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 1.536 MB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 16 GB RAM.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Try to boot your Ubuntu USB with "nomodeset" as instructed here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

By the way, how did you replace Win8 with Win7? How did you remove UEFI and what else did you do?
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

Thanks, ill try that as soon as I can. To install w7 I went to the bios and changed uefi to legacy and disabled fast boot and secure boot