Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to convert .flv to .mp4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Trying to convert .flv to .mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    So did the suggestions help? Feathers
    Ok not sure if done right, I try to install the Medibuntu's repository but it couldn't connect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by dre3 View Post
    Ok i made it to the Get FFmpeg page and lastest release is 1.2.1 Magic. On the page it has a bzip2Tarball, gzipTarball, PgP signatures and changelog. I'm at a lost right now. I hope I gave enough info so far, i'll stop for now til you can tell me more.
    You should be able to install both ffmepeg & winff from the repositories. I just checked my 13.04 and have both installed. No need to make your life more complicated than it needs to be.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Ok not sure if done right, I try to install the Medibuntu's repository but it couldn't connect.
    Do you mean this one?:

Code:
    sudo -E wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
    Feathers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    Do you mean this one?:
    Code:
     sudo -E wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
    Feathers
    Yes!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kurt18947 View Post
    You should be able to install both ffmepeg & winff from the repositories. I just checked my 13.04 and have both installed. No need to make your life more complicated than it needs to be.
    Not sure about ffmpeg but I install winff, open it but at a lost on how to use. Dont see nothing how to make video-h264 and audio-mpeg4 acc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I install Winff and also checking my home folder I have the ffmeg folder also wit the Lame and Yasm too, so I'am asking it i have to move it to a program folder or something, still at a lost but dont want to give up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Not sure about ffmpeg but I install winff, open it but at a lost on how to use. Dont see nothing how to make video-h264 and audio-mpeg4 acc.
    Winff is just a GUI for ffmpeg I believe. I'm not at all versed on various audio and video codecs, sorry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You can go to winFF.org. WinFF is a nice GUI to convert videos. Following the Download link you get to a Linux Installation Instructions. Follow those and you can install WinFF with Synaptic
    Lutz

Beans

Looks like the information you are after concerning the correct formats for the 'WinPhone' is here. Several different versions of this phone so this page could do with close reading by the look of it. As for the best copy of FFmpeg for Ubuntu you should perhaps look at this page.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

andrew.46's links indicate that the phone supports H.264 video and AAC-LC audio, which are in all likelihood the codecs contained in the FLV file, so all that needs to be done is remuxing the video & audio streams into an MP4 container.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.flv -c copy output.mp4
    This will work on 99% of FLV files produced in the last few years. If that doesn't work, try the following instead (and consider updating to a recent ffmpeg, either compiling with the guide in andrew.46's post, or by downloading a static copy from the ffmpeg website):

Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy output.mp4
    Last edited by evilsoup; May 25th, 2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Please mark your thread as solved if you get a satisfactory solution to your problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast