Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin Shows Black Screen when Emulating Game

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Dolphin Shows Black Screen when Emulating Game

Hi,

I just looked into your card. I found many reviewers and comments saying it isn't meant for gaming other than real light stuff, so I'm guessing it is your GPU as well. Though I am no expert on the matter, it does seem like the cause of your problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It should still work though. It's performance may be crappy at best, but it should work regardless.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

Have you considered it might be your ISO? You might have improperly ripped it. Other than that, would you be willing to try the Windows version of Dolphin via Wine? Latest build with settings listed below?

(Options Config)
    General:
    JIT recompiler (recommended)
    Enable Idle Skipping

(Graphics config)

General:
    Uncheck V-Sync (Also do this for your graphics card if possible)

Enhancements:
    Anti-Aliasing > none
    Anisotropic > 1X
    And make sure nothing is checked below those options

Hacks:
    Check the following; Ignore Format Changes, Disable (under EFB Copies), Disable (under External Frame Buffer), Cache Display Lists.
    Also turn Texture Cache to FAST

(DSP config)
    Audio:
    DSP HLE Emulation (fast) < this is because you have to compile the other LLE sound by yourself
    Audio Backend > XAudio2

Now right-click the Twilight Princess ISO while in Dolphin and then go into properties and make sure only ZTP Hack is checked and Speed Up Disc transfer.

Beans
    Distro

I suppose it could be the ISO. Unfortunately I got the ISO from my best friend who is in possession of our Gamecube and Twilight Princess, and when he sent it to me he split it into multiple Rar files. I think when I tried putting them back together Ubuntu's default unpacker screwed up somehow.

Sigh. If my damn flashdrive could connect to my Linux machine, I would unpack them in Windows and then carry it over.

By the way, why doesn't my my Fat32 flashdrive not want to connect? Is Windows screwing with me by making it Windows-only compatible when it formatted it?
    Last edited by King Dude; May 26th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

Whenever you can reattempt your burn and come back to the issue, please update us on your problems/solution. Though if it still persists even after our tinkering, would you consider consulting the Dolphin forum or an emulator forum about the issue?

As for your flash drive, it shouldn't be. I have never heard of a flash drive being turned into Windows only by Windows. Have you tried another USB port? Or maybe navigating your media folder for the USB stick?

Beans
    Distro

I've tried multiple ports for my flashdrive, but to no avail.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

This is quite strange. What kind of flash drive is it? And did you try to navigate to the media folder to see if it is there? It should automatically mount, but it might be turned off for you. Please view this link;

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB

You can also try mounting via the terminal;

http://askubuntu.com/questions/37767...m-the-terminal
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/90976...e-not-mounting

Beans
    Distro

I tried lsusb, it did not work. It's a standard encrypted flash drive formatted with FAT32.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

Brand name of the USB, or is it a generic cheap brand? That could very well be the issue. Also, did you try going into your media folder? In the first link, don't follow the steps under "Other Useful Commands" yet. Your system isn't detecting your USB/mount so I doubt that will return anything for you. If you know the name of the device, you can try to manually mount the USB drive. Let us see if automatic mounting is enabled first. Open up your terminal and write/paste the following commands;

Code:
    dconf-editor
    This should bring up what you need to edit. If you are given errors, please share them. If you aren't given errors, continue. Next browse for "org.gnome.desktop.media-handling" and see if "automount" is set to true. If it isn't, set it to true. Reboot your computer and plug your USB into a port and see if anything pops up. If nothing does, continue with the following steps to manually mount. Run this command while the USB is plugged in;

Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    This should list your device name(s) which should resemble something like "/dev/sdb1" etc etc remember the name exactly and write it down if you need to. Next we need to create a folder for the mounting, so put this into the terminal next;

Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/usb
    Now this is where the name of the device comes in. Once you have the device name, do this command, switching out "/dev/sdb1" with the name of the device you got via "sudo fdisk -l";

Code:
    sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/usb
    If that goes well, then use this command to mount the USB;

Code:
    sudo umount /media/usb
    When you do the sudo command to list devices, please make sure you have any other USB drives, external books or the like disconnected so you will know which it is you are looking for.

If none of that works, you can try Disk Utility to see if the USB is mounted and working. If none of that works, then I think it might be your brand or a faulty USB stick.

Beans
    Distro

The brand is "Memory Master." It's a cheap flash drive that I bought at Fry's Electronics one day, but it's never been giving me problems before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast