Thread: I get the following cqmakedb error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I get the following cqmakedb error

After the files have been added to cscope.files this is the script thsat is run:

cscope -cbkR
    ctags --fields=+i -n -R -L ./cscope.files
    cqmakedb -s ./mykernel.db -c ./cscope.out -t ./tags -p

2407 Segmentation fault (core dumped) cqmakedb -s ./mykernel.db -c ./cscope.out -t ./tags -p

It worked OK previously, I just added a path fopr two new file types to go into the cscope.files and if I comment out either of these it is OK.

Is isnt caused by the number of files, because I have also built a browse database for the user mode code, and thats about 10 times the size of the kernel and that db builds OK.

Oh, I note that on opening the db file in codequery that the Exact Match and the other check box have gone. Other than that the db seems to be OK.

--edit--

I just added two more entries, same path, two file types, and specified a more complete path for all the other 'find <path> -iname ...' in the script file and the error has gone.

How odd.

So, dont knwo about a fix, but speficying the path more precisely seems to solve the issue.
    Last edited by fat_boy; May 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: I get the following cqmakedb error

Unsurprisingly I read that web page already, I have installed it after all, and used the script as he suggests.