1 10.00%
  • Not so great

6 60.00%
  • Boring.......

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox one conference afterthoughts

Beans

Re: Xbox one conference afterthoughts!!!!!!

Executive summary,

TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV

Beans

Um the tv stuff looks cool but other than that I wasn't impressed. They showed about 3 games 2 of which will definitely be on both the ps4 and the xbox one. It also looked like a huge brick.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I'm amazed this thread isn't getting anymore posts, the whole Internet (Or at least every site that cares about video games in the slightest) was bashing the XBOX One left and right for looking like a bloody VCR, or Cable box receiver. LOLOLOL LOOK GUIS THE XBOX REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A BOX NOW HAHAHA

Not much else needed to be said, the design has no features to it at all. I've actually seen cooler looking VCRs and DVD players. The teaser trailers for the PS4's design is much more tantalizing compared to this underwhelming, uninspired shape. All the more perfect for sitting a PS4 on top of, I guess!

Compare that to this older American console :

Just look at all those beautiful ridges, the wood finish, and curves. What's happening to game consoles now with this oversimplified, minimalistic nonsense with black paint? Whatever happened to dashing, white game console shells with personality and a distinctive, iconic look? Is it that important for a game console to blend into the living room?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

^ Yes, microsoft's next design innovation will be a device that uses a strip of cellophane that's connected to a spool that threads through the device to another spool.

They'll make waves about the devices remarkable feature of projecting the output onto any white background.

The gold edition will include sound.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

@BigCityCat Good lad, at least you will have a console that's designed for gamers by gamers, however, I don't like these companies for one reason: lust for money. But at least ps4's store will be related to your tastes and interests.
    PS. I am more excited to see dust514 on it
    "If you are in hell, keep going." Winston Churchil
    ubuntucrazygeek.blogspot.com
    http://motivatedsuccess.tumblr.com/
    http://pavelexpertov.tumblr.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by AllRadioisDead View Post
    I'm sorry, did we watch the same conference?

Do you have any idea how advanced the tech in that new Kinect sensor is? I'd call that innovation.
    Mate, I don't want to argue if it's innovation or not (even if it did show improvement & performance), I still don't see practical uses at some point. Kinect 1 was like a prototype but it still delivered suprising game experince in short term, but it brought **** games in the long one. But even if kinect 2 is well impressive, microsoft people will be like "Guys, buy xbox for 200 quid and 10% off on kinect and extra ****(maybe)". Plus their goal for the console and partnerships with big corps totally sickens me. That's why I love sony's approach, game console for gamers, not a ******* TV entertainment!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by johnluke728 View Post
    I'm amazed this thread isn't getting anymore posts, the whole Internet (Or at least every site that cares about video games in the slightest) was bashing the XBOX One left and right for looking like a bloody VCR, or Cable box receiver. LOLOLOL LOOK GUIS THE XBOX REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A BOX NOW HAHAHA

Not much else needed to be said, the design has no features to it at all. I've actually seen cooler looking VCRs and DVD players. The teaser trailers for the PS4's design is much more tantalizing compared to this underwhelming, uninspired shape. All the more perfect for sitting a PS4 on top of, I guess!

Compare that to this older American console :

Just look at all those beautiful ridges, the wood finish, and curves. What's happening to game consoles now with this oversimplified, minimalistic nonsense with black paint? Whatever happened to dashing, white game console shells with personality and a distinctive, iconic look? Is it that important for a game console to blend into the living room?
    I have to concede you do have a point. I bet ps4's design will be like equivalent to ferrari's cool design and I bet on it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pavelexpertov View Post
    But even if kinect 2 is well impressive, microsoft people will be like "Guys, buy xbox for 200 quid and 10% off on kinect and extra ****(maybe)".\!

The new Kinect comes bundled with the Xbox One.

That being said, If the always on DRM scheme is true, I will probably get the PS4.

The Kinect looks awesome though, such an effortless way to connect with the console and the deep integration with Windows 8 is awesome.
    That's what she said.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have never owned an Xbox/360, so I'm necessarily the best judge, but I thought the reveal was pretty horrid. Or at least it was for gamers. As an internet user, I find it pretty damn hilarious watching everyone flip out and go insane. They have plenty of right to though, Microsoft made some decisions that really alienate the core gaming crowd for their own benefit. Requiring Kinect introduces a lot of interesting features, but a lot of them will probably be gimmicks forced in to the system, and I don't think it's worth the cost of having Kinect bundled with all the systems. Sounds expensive.

Then how all games will have to be installed to the hard drive and registered to your account before you can play was annoying, but got pretty bad when they said that in order to install the game on another account (from the same disc), you'd have to pay a fee of full MSRP. Aside from directly attacking used games, it seems like a hassle if you're, say, at a college dorm where everyone pools games and consoles in the common room (as we do, but we mainly just play Super Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube). They said they'd address stuff like that, but until I hear it, it sounds pretty bad.

Requiring it to be connected to the internet "at least every 24 hours" seems like a way of Microsoft being overly protective of piracy / trying to insert themselves into our gaming at the cost of people with poor internet, no internet, or during power outages. Now, I'm honestly not familiar with Xbox Live, but is it that you have to pay for just games and related stuff online, or is it required for absolutely any use of online? Because if it's the later, does that mean people will be forced to buy an Xbox live subscription?
    Stuff like no backwards compatability is just icing on the cake.

When it comes to gaming, Mirosoft sent a message that that's not really what they're trying to be this gen, and instead trying to be an entertainment hub, with a bunch of TV stuff. I know they'll have games at E3 (hopefully), but their first impressions to us show that they care more about their TV service (which will only be available in America at launch). As people have said, it's the revolutionary idea of allowing us to watch Tv on our Tv.
    Some amusing stuff comes out of all this though, I love this summation of their conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

We'll see how it goes, but it's not a pretty picture at the moment.
    I mainly stick with Nintendo + PC to cover my gaming needs, so not the most qualified to talk on the Xbox, but just my two cents.

On a somewhat side note, in terms of the Kinect interface and being able to control stuff with gestures, I really don't see the love for it. This isn't really about Kinect itself, this is about any time people want a Minority Report style interface with lots of gestures and direct interaction with the computer. I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love that, at first. It would be fun to play around with for a bit, but in reality, it's horribly inefficient. Mouse and keyboard control is highly efficient. I can cover the entire screen by moving my wrist barely two inches in any direction. Having to hold your hand up and move it around the screen to click stuff or scroll would get annoying and tiring if you're at the computer/screen for an extended period of time.
    I am what I am because of who we all are

Beans

I have a xbox360 and its only a money grabber device.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast