A roommate recently bought an ipad (the newest thing) and whenever that thing connects to my wifi my latency goes through the roof on all my computers. It's 100% the ipad. I've called the tech support of my isp, they ran tests on the line and router and what not.

I have no idea what's happening. I've looked on the ipad and turned off icloud and what not but it's still happening, that operating system is so horrible you basically don't know what's going on at all on that device, in the background.

Anyway, it's causing me and another roommate horrible rage as we can't game online anymore after work.

To make things worse I have a router from my isp that's completely locked, you can't even access it locally, only online through their website and there's basically no options besides the very basics like turning off wifi or changing the channel.

I don't know what to do, is there any software for the ipad or windows/ubuntu that would allow me to see what that ipad is actually doing to my network and how can I stop it from wrecking my network?

edit: I hope this is the right forum, I know it's a network thing but it's nothing to do with ubuntu so I thought I'd put it here.