Thread: (Asus K52Jc) Ubuntu 13.04 fails to shutdown/crashes/no audio

Beans
    Hidden!

(Asus K52Jc) Ubuntu 13.04 fails to shutdown/crashes/no audio

I'm having some issues with this latest Ubuntu on my Asus K52Jc. Occasionally (about 4 times on 10) when I boot the system I see that the monitor's backlight is not set as I chose it and the sound is not working (if I go on audio options the hardware is listed as Output Dummy).
    I now know that when these two things happen my system isn't working correctly and I will not be able to shutdown it: it stays forever on the ubuntu loading logo and I must force the shutdown with the power button.
    To fix this after a reboot, I must choose the previous kernel (3.8.0-19) or those errors will persist and I will never be able to poweroff. After a proper shutdown I can return to use the current kernel.
    But hey, today it was even worse! When using the old kernel I got a fatal error, a kernel panic I read... see the image in attachment, I took a photo of the last lines with cellphone, I don't know if it can help.
    What could be the cause? What can I do to fix?
    Last edited by perlon; June 12th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: (Asus K52Jc) Ubuntu 13.04 fails to shutdown/crashes/no audio

Ok, this never happened anymore from kernel 3.8.0-22, so I think the 3.8.0-21 had some bugs. Fixed.