Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creative Recon3D + Sound Blaster Z (CA0132) Support

Beans

Re: Creative Recon3D + Sound Blaster Z (CA0132) Support

recon3d works fine here @Mint 15 Olivia http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...6#post12703386

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It's not guaranteed to work or keep working once you get it to work. My recon3d stopped putting out sound after a reboot a week ago. Even tried reinstall Ubuntu 13.04 but no luck.

Beans

using the pc almost every day with no problem.....and mint 15=stock everything,i havent change anything to make the recon3d work...its just works out of the box.....strange.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm reporting with Linux kernel 3.11-rc1, it finally works. Anyone with Sound Blaster Zs got sound?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

And now it stopped working after 2-3 reboots. I don't know what gives.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I created a Windows partition on my SSD and the only thing installed on it is Steam for my 500 or so Steam games. I notice that when setting options in the creative recon3d control panel in Windows, those options are also carried out in Ubuntu. As well, sound in Ubuntu works after booting into Windows and then booting back into Ubuntu.

Beans

having trawled through a number of blog posts about the Recon3d I started thinking I had made a big mistake - but I tried this simple suggestion (not even knowing what it meant) and it worked first time - MANY MANY THANKS - crystal sound!

(13.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Working here with an SB Z, Ubuntu 13.10 and kernel v3.11. Sounds much better than Windows, which is saying something. Only gotcha - I can only get front panel audio working in stereo, no surround sound. Sounds fabulous though.
    Last edited by imrazor; October 26th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro

UPDATE: Simply adding a couple of lines to rc.local doesn't do it for me. I have to login, open a terminal, type "sudo telinit 1". I then get dropped to single user mode. There I have to type in:

# rmmod snd_hda_intel
    # modprobe snd_hda_intel

Then I can type "telinit 2" to reload the GUI. I have no idea why rc.local is incapable of performing this function. From dmesg it seems as if rc.local isn't even getting loaded.

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Creative Recon3D + Sound Blaster Z (CA0132) Support

UPDATE 2: I knew there had to be a better way. Do this:

1) Disable pulseaudio. I accomplished this by editing /etc/pulse/client.conf, uncommenting the "autospawn" line and setting it to "no". Reboot.
    2) From the Unity desktop, open a terminal (CTRL-ALT-T), then type "sudo alsa force-reload". On my system this caused several audio modules to reload, including snd-hda-intel. If pulseaudio is running, snd-hda-intel will *NOT* reload.

Problems: No volume control on desktop. Volume control buttons on keyboard will not work. If you have multiple sound devices (including any HDMI ports), you may have to manually config your media player to output to the appropriate ALSA device. Only front panel audio works.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast