Thread: Updated to raring and one share won't mount?

Beans

Updated to raring and one share won't mount?

I updated my system from 12.10 to raring. For some reason a share from my /etc/fstab refuses to mount! I've spend quite a bit of time on this forum and google attempting many solutions frantically; probably now creating more problems!

I mount an apple time capsule to /media/time_capsule in my /etc/fstab like this:

Code:
    //main.local/Data /media/time_capsule cifs noauto,credentials=/home/USER/.netcredentials,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0
    I can successfully ping "main.local" and the IP address.

When attempting to run "sudo mount -a" I receive mount error(22): Invalid argument or mount error busy or in progress... (not sure why errors change on new reboots!)

At one point I was able to mount using nautilus "connect to server". But now that gives me an error like "Only root can mount".

I'm a bit lost on how this update has stopped this share from mounting (others have been working fine). Any thoughts / direction / diagnostic tools?

I also recieve this error these days and am going to chase that down now; maybe related?
    pciehp 0000:00:1c.4cie04: Device 0000:02:00.0 already exists at 0000:02:00, cannot hot-add

Thank you for the mind share!

Beans

Re: Updated to raring and one share won't mount?

So I rebooted, deleted my fstab line and retyped it from scratch... no changes as far as I can tell (maybe added a space or two?) but now things are WORKING! not really sure what I changed.

Thanks!

Beans

rebooting and not working again!!! this is frustrating... never had this issue with older distributions! I'm now installing wireshark and attempting to diagnose.

smbtree shows server with name and I can ping IP, not name... seems like name resolution is messed up somewhere here....
    any thoughts? My web browers as 12 tabs (literally) of forum / google advice for cifs diagnostics, I'm trying them all...no luck!

Beans

Unable to find suitable address. for sudo mount -a.
    and attempting to connect with nautilus yields: mount: only root can mount //mainTC.local/Data on /media/time_capsule

smbtree output:
    \\MAINTC mainTC
    \\MAINTC\IPC$

This works:
    smbclient //mainTC.local/Data -U USER%PASS
    I thought smb and cifs in fstab was the same thing.... I'll keep digging.... Thoughts?

Beans

I added the sec=ntlm option from: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2139090

working! YAY... I did try that before! oh well....

I'll keep digging!
    Last edited by twinturbotom; May 25th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.