Thread: kabikaboo won't work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

kabikaboo won't work.

Kabikaboo just won't work. Try it through the GUI (the "Dash") and nothing at all seems to happen. Try through command line and I get this:

Code:
    t0p@mars:~$ /usr/bin/kabikaboo
    Improper shutdown detected...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/kabikaboo.py", line 3176, in <module>
        editor.initialize_interface()
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/kabikaboo.py", line 65, in initialize_interface
        self.open_file_on_startup()
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/kabikaboo.py", line 1203, in open_file_on_startup
        file_opened, opened_document = self.file.open(self.document)
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/file.py", line 97, in open
        return self.load_last_saved()
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/file.py", line 106, in load_last_saved
        return self.load_from_file_pickle(self.working_file)
      File "/usr/share/kabikaboo/src/file.py", line 288, in load_from_file_pickle
        return result, document
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'document' referenced before assignment
    t0p@mars:~$
    I've tried the ol' "turn it off and on again" solution: no good. I've tried removing then reinstalling the program: still no good. As a non-coder I have no idea what the above CLI error message means, other than that Kabikaboo was shut down "improperly" at some stage. But to ride off into the sunset, never to return... a tad dramatic I think?

Anyone got any ideas? I'm currently retrieving info by opening .kaboo files with gedit and manually copy-pasting relevant stuff to a new text file... but that's a lot of work, gotta be a way to revive kabikaboo, please???

Cheers!
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: kabikaboo won't work.

BOUNCE Bounce Bounce bounce bounce bouncebouncebounce......
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...oo/+bug/623324

It happens, i think, when you move the last opened document to somewhere else.

Go into the ~/.kabikaboo folder and open settings.txt. In it, try changing AutoOpen = True to AutoOpen = False
    If that doesn't work, temporarily rename the ~/.kabikaboo directory to something else to see if it will open.
    Last edited by eec; May 31st, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Beans

thank you eec. After changing the setting AutoOpen = False, kabikaboo works correctly. It solved this issue in my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.