Thread: Installing Ubuntu Server 12.04 for LTS and cannot boot from CD

Beans

Installing Ubuntu Server 12.04 for LTS and cannot boot from CD

So, I'm having some troubles. My computer right now has no OS on it and I'm trying to get Ubuntu Server 12.04 installed. I have my BIOS settings for my DVD-ROM drive as the first and only boot device and all others disabled. Though when I boot it says hit any key to from CD. I hit a key and nothing happens. It sounds like it is trying to boot from the CD though doesn't and I get a Reboot and choose a bootable device or insert media that is bootable.

I know for sure the CD works as I have tried the disc in other computers. I don't see what the issue is as I can boot from a CD before with Windows 7 (I used to have it on there though have formatted the drive as I wanted only Ubuntu).

Edit: Also it won't boot from my Windows CD now either. Which doesn't make any sense. Both CDs work just fine on my other computer.
    Last edited by pjm2008; May 21st, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Beans

Re: Installing Ubuntu Server 12.04 for LTS and cannot boot from CD

So, I would just like to give an update. I got Ubuntu Desktop finally installed after trying the USB method for the Server edition (which didin't work either) then my friend told me I should just try the Desktop version and then upgrade from there. This route worked and am in progress for upgrading from the desktop to server edition.