Thread: Banshee and ALAC tags?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Banshee and ALAC tags?

Hi all, I've recently started using iTunes again in Windows because it is the best music manager around IMO, with the latest update to version 11. I know I sound like a joke, especially to the open source community, and especially since I converted 28 GB of FLAC audio to work with it. But anyway. Hear me out.

Banshee did a wonderful job of importing my iTunes Music Library.xml and now I have my 7000+ songs all without having to mess around with adding a bunch of different folders (I store Lossless and Lossy audio in separate folders and it really is quite messy). However, I've noticed one niggling issue with this: the Bitrate field is blank.
    In any of my songs' properties, the audio bitrate field is 0 KB/s. I posted to the Banshee mailing list but has anyone heard this happen before and know how to fix it? The songs themselves play fine, it's just that one field.
    Let me know if I'm being too technical - or not technical enough!
    There is a blank space here.
    Unreal Circumstances

Beans

Re: Banshee and ALAC tags?

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN-118 View Post
    Hi all, I've recently started using iTunes again in Windows because it is the best music manager around IMO, with the latest update to version 11.
    Until now ... iTunes is the best for me too.
    Although I moved to Ubuntu, I still looking a music player & management to substitute iTunes.
    I've tried Amarok, Rhythmbox, Banshee, Audacious, Beatbox, and Deadbeef ... no one able to substitute iTunes.
    Now ... I stay with Deadbeef for Lossy and Foobar for Lossless.

Although Deadbeef is always FREEZE when I edit the tag ... I used 12.04 Pangolin ... so, in order to edit tag, I used puddletag.
    And I'm quiet happy with it.