Thread: Running Visual FoxPro 9.0

Beans

Question Running Visual FoxPro 9.0

I have been using computers many years (1981 msdos and windows) and have programming in dBase, FoxBase, FoxPro and Visual FoxPro. I am brand new to Linux and Wine. I have installed Wine on this computer and want to run VFP, I right click on vfp9.exe and select Open with... and I select Wine and it works this time. What would be the syntax for installing and running Visual FoxPro? Where can I find the Wine window I see in examples?

I hope this is something I am trying to make hard when it is simple but for now, I am at a standstill.

Kindest regards.

Last edited by howefield; May 20th, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

Beans

Re: Running Visual FoxPro 9.0

Your question is confusing. You ask how to install and run VFP, but then, you say you already installed it a know how to run it by opening it with Wine.

That is how you run Windows executable in Linux -- you open them with Wine.

I don't see what the question is about.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Re: Running Visual FoxPro 9.0

Sorry to be so ambiguous. I have not installed VFP but am running the program named vfp9.exe in a windows folder. I have Wine installed. I would like to install it (VFP) and have an icon on the desktop to access rather than going through the "Home" folder. I hope this helps clear it up.

Thanks for the reply.

Millard
    Last edited by Charlesmillard; May 20th, 2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Quotes on Home.