Thread: Suggestion: Colour Schemes

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Suggestion: Colour Schemes

This is just a suggestion, I think it'll look good.

The idea is that When you sign up at UbuntuForums, you are asked to select your distro. For example... If I choose Xubuntu, then my UbuntuForums will look like this :
    Suggestion.jpg
    I know that needs a little finessing but that took me about 1 minute. Just think of the effect it could produce...
    Last edited by lisati; May 20th, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Language

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Suggestion: Colour Schemes

Interesting thought. I'm wondering if any changes might need some input from Canonical, who have some preferences for colour schemes, e.g. http://design.ubuntu.com/brand/ubuntu-logo
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Beans
    Distro

I think it would look really appealing... and it won't make any serious change. The website will blend in!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

That would depend on us creating seperate themes, tying them to people's chosen distro. That's a whole lot of work for us.

Then it would also need to allow people to choose theme's, which we've turned off.

If you want to set it up for you then perhaps look at doing it with Stylish, we'll not be doing it any time soon. If ever.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    That would depend on us creating seperate themes, tying them to people's chosen distro. That's a whole lot of work for us.

Then it would also need to allow people to choose theme's, which we've turned off.

If you want to set it up for you then perhaps look at doing it with Stylish, we'll not be doing it any time soon. If ever.
    I don't know anything about Web Hosting or anything so forgive my dumbness. Isn't the only thing you have to do is change the colour of things?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

No - it's not, I know absolutely nothing about webhosting either, but I do know we don't allow people to choose themes

So - as I said - if you want to fiddle with the theme - use stylish like others have
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Distro

Well, I don't have any problems with the current theme. It's cool. I just thought it would look cool.