Thread: Changing text and background color

Beans

Changing text and background color

I am using Ultimate Ubuntu but it's still Ubuntu 12.04. The text input fields in many requestors and text fields are either white on very light blue or grey on slightly darker grey. Aweful! How do I fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Changing text and background color

If you are referring to issues with your browser, check out my answer here: http://askubuntu.com/a/256089/25656.

Otherwise, try changing themes. People who report this sort of problem often are using a "dark" theme.

Since you haven't provided any more information, there's not much else to say.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support

Ultimate Edition is based on Ubuntu, but is forked.
    The Community Java Wiki * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

And seeing the terror on the faces of the people, QIII did speak to them, saying "Fear not the Terminal, for it is a road both swift and secure to the Great Mysteries of Linux without passing through the dangers of The Land of Ten Thousand Competing Desktop Environments."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post

Since you haven't provided any more information, there's not much else to say.
    OK, No matter what theme I try all my requestors are white on light blue or grey on darker grey. Nothing to do with my browser. I mean in the OS. How to I change that system-wide white or grey text to something else? It difficult to read a popup when its that low contrast and searches in Symantic are impossible.

What's a requestor?

Beans

Text requestor, Input window, anything that you type something into. The characters come out white on light grey or dark grey on darker grey, Also any information window that pops up. VERY difficult to read that way.

Beans

Yes bright white background hurts the eyes, use Mint MATE 13 to customize colors. If still not happy load "GNOME color chooser".