Thread: Email backup log in duplicati

Beans

Email backup log in duplicati

Hi

I make incremental backups by ssh, from windows workstation to ubuntu server using Duplicati. First I perform a full backup and after I perform incremental backups.

My windows workstation is in a remote location, and I need to send the log file by emil (or any other way) in order to know if the backup was successful.

Can anyone give me an idea on how to do it, or if it is not possible, another software wich can do it? (like cobian backup )

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Email backup log in duplicati

This is a Windows question rather than a Ubuntu one as the email functionality needs to be in the backup software, not the SSH server.

Currently Duplicati doesn't have this feature but it should be available shortly, you can read about it here.

I'm afraid I can't advise you personally on any software that will do this as I don't back up my Windows machines, but searching for a free Windows backup program with email functionality shouldn't be hard - I'm sure someone else here will have some recommendations.
    Cheesemill

Beans

Re: Email backup log in duplicati

Thanks for your answer. I know the email functionality needs to be in the backup software. When I put this thread I was looking if someone knew a way to make it in duplicati software, or if not, another program to do this.

At this time I'm testing luckybackup, and I think I've got the answer.

Thanks a lot