Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 running very slow

Beans

Exclamation Ubuntu 13.04 running very slow

Hi, I recently downloaded Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and updated to 12.10 and now I'm running 13.04. I never really tried ubuntu 12.10 but have tried 12.04 which ran really smooth. Now that I upgraded to 13.04 ubuntu is running really slow. What I mean by slow is that's it's not running smoothly. All the apps open at normal speed like 12.04 LTS but the animations and stuff is really slow which makes applications run slow because it takes long to minimize and open a Window. I am dual booting with Windows 8 and everything in Windows 8 runs smooth as hell. I have about 3gb ram and 500gb hdd drive with 2.20 ghz processor . My graphics card is nVidia.

Thanks,

Gurinder Hans

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 running very slow

Same here... Just moved from 12.04 to 13.04 and it's running very slow, in slow motion. And same as you, nVidia video card. I'm betting that the probilem is with the nVidia driver...

Beans

I've solved my problem after i've made a clean install, make a backup of your stuff and install 13.04 so it will have no more settings and apps from previous versions of Ubuntu.. Hope it works for you too.

Beans

can you please list out your computer specs because I want to know if your problem has been solved how strong your computer was.

Thanks,

Gurinder Hans