Thread: Looking for a gaming/ubuntu laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Looking for a gaming/ubuntu laptop

Looking for an Intel/Nvidea laptop that is strong enough to game alright. I'll be looking for something I can dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on. Help! =P

I'm looking for great Linux compatibility and for the screen to not FLICKER like it does on my HD 5870 with Ubuntu. lol

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Looking for a gaming/ubuntu laptop

if price is no object...
    https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/bonx6
    this goes a bit beyond gaming in terms of performance, but the next thing down does not offer a nvidia gpu
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; May 17th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ah. I'm okay with something up to around $1699 but am looking for somewhere with financing like Dell/Alienware, Samsung, HP, etc. Won't be a problem getting approved and paying it, I'm just impatient and want it sooner than saving. lol

Beans

Nouveau should work out of the box, and if it doesn't, you should file a bug. What version of Ubuntu are you running? Oh, and you might have borked nouveau when trying to install the proprietary drivers, which won't run on newer versions of Ubuntu.