Thread: Samba private auto-mounted share breaks constantly

Beans

Samba private auto-mounted share breaks constantly

I've got a private share set up on my home server (running Ubuntu Server 12.04.2 64-bit), such that I can mount it with a username/password. I've got it auto-mounting in /etc/fstab with the following line:

Code:
    //192.168.1.120/jaywalker_pshare /media/server cifs username=jaywalker,password=xxx,domain=WORKGROUP 0 0
    This worked immediately after I set it up. Though if I reboot my server while my desktop is up, I'm unable to re-mount it later. I get this fun error:

Code:
    mount error(13): Permission deniedRefer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
    Which of course tells me nothing. The only solution I've found is to delete user jaywalker from smbpasswd, and re add. THEN I can re-mount the share, but that's a horrid fix.
    I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this?

The shares config is like so:

Code:
    [jaywalker_pshare]
        comment = Jays Private Share
        path = /media/Storage/jaywalker_pshare
        valid users = jaywalker
        browsable = no
        guest ok = no
        read only = no
        directory mask 770
        create mask = 770
    Let me know if you need more info. My desktop (the machine mounting the drive) is running Ubuntu 12.04.2 64-bit.

Beans

Re: Samba private auto-mounted share breaks constantly

The only sort of practical idea I've found is to make sure you unmount the share before rebooting that machine.
    Craig

Beans

Re: Samba private auto-mounted share breaks constantly

That isn't really a viable solution for me. Are there file sharing systems other than samba that might be better suited for my setup? I would really like to have this working so I can do automated networked backups.