Thread: ThinkPad X120e. Ubuntu 12.04 hibernate leads to flickering power button and failing

Beans

ThinkPad X120e. Ubuntu 12.04 hibernate leads to flickering power button and failing

Hello,

Please help me to resolve this issue with hibernate for ubuntu 12.04 on lenovo thinkpad X120E.
    Shortly after I start hibernating the screen goes dark and Power button starts flickering going infinitely. So eventually hibernate is failing.
    I created swap partition twice the size of RAM. Swap is enabled.
    Hibernation is enabled. This is not my first Precise Pangolin installation on various devices.
    Nothing interesting in /var/logs/syslog nothing erroneous found, but I can post that if you'd like to see.
    I tried to install TuxOnIce. Result is the same.
    I tried to reinstall uswsusp.
    I created file named "/etc/pm/config.d/module" containing HIBERNATE_MODE="shutdown"
    I even checked all partition including swap for bad blocks, but nothing was found.

Everything above didn't change anything with dark screen and flickering power button.
    Last edited by gazazello; March 27th, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

Beans

Re: ThinkPad X120e. Ubuntu 12.04 hibernate leads to flickering power button and faili

Seems like nobody ever stumbled on this

Beans

Re: ThinkPad X120e. Ubuntu 12.04 hibernate leads to flickering power button and faili

really nobody?!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gazazello View Post
    really nobody?!
    I have the same issue with hibernate and 12.04 on my X120e
    Hope some one come up wit a solution!
    I was beginning to think it might be my solid state HD not being campatible.
    Eric B