Thread: Keeping Firefox updated in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid ?

Beans

Keeping Firefox updated in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid ?

Other than manually downloading and unzipping a build directly from Mozilla,is there a way to keep Firefox updated in Lucid now ?
    Like some reliable and tested repository that can be added to the sources ? For clarity,I'm referring to the normal release channel,no Beta/Aurora/Nightly stuff.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Keeping Firefox updated in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid ?

You will have to download the archive and run FF from that, however, why stick with Lucid as it has lost all support, so no more security updates, and therefore not really worth keeping.

If you don't like, or want unity, as was my situation, try another DE, eg XFCE as in Xubuntu; I did just that and now have totally fallen in love with Xubuntu 12.04 to which I have added XFCE 4.10.

Totally brilliant, and I wonder why I did not try it a long time ago.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

The stable ppa has been purged because Mozilaa went to a rapid release cycle for Lucid onwards. Unfortunately Lucid is now at end of support for updates so I would advise you upgrade to a supported version of Ubuntu. Alternatively, Xubuntu/Xfce really is a good replacement for Gnome 2 if you don't like Unity.

Beans

OK,so manual install is,for the time being...thanks for the tip about Xubuntu,I've never considered alternatives to Gnome 2 and derivatives (Mate),but I'm hearing good things about Xcfe,I think I'll give the live CD a try .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Or try linux mint mate edition, for me its the closest experience to gnome 2, its just like ubuntu was 3 years ago, which is honestly the highest praise I could possibly give
    Catch me on Freenode - imark