Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No internet at all "No network devices available".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: No internet at all "No network devices available".

Quote Originally Posted by LocoMotor101 View Post
    Should we just download an older version and forget about 12.04.02? Thanks.
    No. 11.10 was before 12.04 and is no longer supported. 12.04 LTS an LTS and most stable. The problem lies elsewhere.

Is your mouse and touchpad working and do you have the same model Toshiba as OP? If not then I will move your post to a thread of its own.

Beans

yes, are you able to use the touchpad?

what about:
    connected mouse?
    usb?
    wired network/internet connection?
    CD-ROM?

I started to think that no output method except screen and keyboard (include mouse-keys), is working. Only CD-Rom, the only way to get a data out of the laptop (exept a camra (: oh, and manually ^^)
    http://i.imgur.com/yzdWoEH.png מלך האריות

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xp15 View Post
    ..what does "ran far away from the hell" mean?
    It was supposed to be a joke (I got scared from the word "hell" in your first line, and immediately skipped a couple of lines to keep distance from it!)

By the way, yours almost certainly sounds like a bad installation. You may check the integrity of the downloaded ISO by matching its md5sum : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

If that matches, boot the live cd, press any key during the purple boot screen to bring up advance menu, and select "Check the disc for defects". Sometimes the iso may be ok, the cd burn may be not.

If you happen to download the ISO again, I'd strongly recommend to download via torrent, as it ensures integrity of the downloaded data : http://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

However, if the md5sum of your already downloaded image matches and the 'cd test' is also ok, you may wish to do a 'Memory Test' (from the same menu as "check disc for defects") to test any possible memory leakage issues.

Although there can be many reasons for a broken installation/upgrade, but these two (bad source, bad memory) are most common.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoMotor101 View Post
    Should we just download an older version and forget about 12.04.02? Thanks.
    LocoMotor101,

I found your original thread : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2145799
    As per outputs of your last post (#19), your wireless is already all set. It is just 'Disabled' now which I'm sure Hadaka, who is helping you on that thread, will be able to fix easily. He is a dedicated member and you can trust him for solutions to such issues.

As for your wired connection, it should work out-of-box with 13.04, since the required driver is included in it (but not in earlier versions). However, it is highly recommended to 'Test' a version using live cd before installing it. Only install if everything works, or can be made to work as expected.

You may also choose to install the required 'alx' driver by manually downloading and compiling it, but I'd suggest to wait for what Hadaka is willing to try.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by papibe View Post
    Very resourceful

The 'FATAL' error is the most important message.

My guess this is a problem with the 3.2.0-36 kernel. This could be because either a botched upgrade or a bug with that particular kernel.

This is what I would do: boot into a previous kernel and check if you have access to your network.

To do that, you need to stop at the grub menu (text mode boot menu), and select a previous version of the kernel to boot from (skip the recovery ones).

If you can get your network back on one of the previous version, fully upgrade your system to get the newest kernel (3.2.0-43).

Let us know if that helps.
    Regards.

YAY! I'm so glad you found me! So happy for your answer and help! You were right! I made a new installation with a new downloaded ISO (also a 64 bit this time-I'm used to 32 bit ^^)
    Thank! TNX! and Thanks you very much! You made my laptop work! Network, Internet, USB, Mouse! Touchpad!

Thanks again and I wish you an Happy-Year!

Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    It was supposed to be a joke (I got scared from the word "hell" in your first line, and immediately skipped a couple of lines to keep distance from it!)
    I'm soory about that ^^ Just waned to make my post with rhymes ^^ .
    And I succeeded! papibe was right about trying another kernel version (:

Thanks everyone for giving answers and solutions! this thread will help many Linux users!

and LocoMotor101, try also making a new installation Disk or USB with a new ISO, download from Ubuntu site the 12.04.2 (don't forget the right bit version ^^).

Thanks you all! I wish you all a success in everything!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; May 17th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Good news. Please mark thread as solved to help others as follows:

Edit first post>Go Advanced>change prefix [all variants] to [SOLVED]. Thanks and good luck.

PS: I have also attached your large image in the last post and removed it from the body of your post. Please refrain from putting large images in the body of your post.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; May 17th, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Beans

Done! And I just like big pictures (:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

YAY!
    Yay

Glad you have your computer back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

And I just like big pictures (:
    Lol. Me too, but those with slow connections (and vision issues) can, unfortunately, find them a laggy, sluggish nightmare or a blurry mess.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Lol. Me too, but those with slow connections (and vision issues) can, unfortunately, find them a laggy, sluggish nightmare or a blurry mess.
    Got it ^^ . Some people has a slow connection, and some not a lot of RAM, like me (Hint: 1GB ^^)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12