Thread: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

Beans

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

ive been getting an error message, and ive googled and have seen that an app manager process is running. ppl seem to report that you have to find what is running, question is, how?

here is the error msg ive been getting:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

My guess is that
    Quote Originally Posted by mreyna16 View Post
    ...you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct

Shut down any package managers that you have open and open a terminal (ctrl+alt+t) and input the command
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    enter your user password and see if that corrects things.
    If that does not work reboot, then open a terminal and enter the same command and post the result here.
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can you please confirm that this is your 13.04 machine? Or is it a different computer with an old version of Ubuntu?

The reason I ask is because on 10.04 and above, Ubuntu should tell you to run "sudo dpkg --configure -a", not "dpkg --configure -a".
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.