Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash Player

Beans

Adobe Flash Player

I have downloaded the Adobe Flash Player as an archive, but I do not know in what location I should extract it into ?
    I have a ubuntu9.04 with an added Firefox 15.0 (this one is NOT replacing the 3.0 version that comes with ubuntu 9.04, but is located on my home directory) I have reopened this thread because I had to reinstall Ubuntu 9.04 due to installation input/output error while installing ubuntu 12.04 LTS .

And I was so stupid not to have noted down the steps that I took the first time I did it !

Please help me out !
    Last edited by Hankbonk; January 6th, 2014 at 02:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Adobe Flash Player

There is a Adobe Flash Plugin in the Ubuntu Software Center available to install.

Beans

I'm using the very old Ubuntu 9.04 jaunty version, where do I find that "software Center"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

The software center I believe was introduced in 9.10 karmic koala, and the flash in 9.04 is most likely very outdated. I'm sure you'll hear it a lot but the best thing to do is probably update Ubuntu to a more recent version. 12.04 is a LTS version, and it has the flash plugin in the repos.

Beans

Could no one please tell what to do with the downloaded archive of the Adobe Flash Player : Where do I extract it into ?

Beans

Referring to the previous post : Come on, is there no "old bloke" that can give me that probably simpliest answer ?

Beans

originally : "I solved it MYSELF : I coppied the libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins !!!", but I remind that I did a lot more copying than that .
    Last edited by Hankbonk; December 16th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Beans

Original, old post : "How do I post or change my thread as resolved ?"

NOT THE CASE NOW !
    Last edited by Hankbonk; December 16th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

On 9.10 you can use synaptic or apt-get to install from the repositories, but those repositories have been moved and are outdated. I wouldn't go on the internet with the flash from that repository. I'm not even sure it works as if I remember correctly it downloaded the flash player from somewhere else, so manual install is the only option on 9.04. But still better would be to move on to a supported version of Ubuntu or one of the lighter flavours if your hardware is older.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast