Thread: System does not boot

Beans

System does not boot

Hi there,

First of all thanks for your help.

I have a fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04. After the first session and having installed all updates the system was prompting me to do, I shut down my computer.

The next time I tried to boot the computer it wouldn't. It gets stuck in "Stopping System V runlevel compatibility".

Moreover, it seems it is also unable to configure the network properly. In this regard, when I run the system in recovery mode and select "network" from the option panel, it gets stuck too trying to enable network in the "Wavecom" plugin.

I have read other posts, like this one http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+compatibility with a similar problem. However, I have not been able to find a solution, and the steps given in that thread does not apply to my case.

I do not know what to try next. And now the mouse does not even move at all.

Any help or advice?

Million of thanks in advance... really appreciated.

Beans

Re: System does not boot

I have managed to re-install Xubuntu again and it seems to be working now. This is strange. I am trying to think what it was... Could it be that I had chosen xdm over lightdm when installed the xdm package? Thanks.