Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken images in Firefox

Beans
    Hidden!

Exclamation Broken images in Firefox

Hi, I've a little issue that I'm experiencing since I installed Ubuntu 13.04 , using Firefox: sometimes images, banners, etc. are displayed "broken", I attach two examples for better understanding. If I refresh the page without cache the image can be displayes correctly, so it's a temporary problem and it happens on random images/sites. It can also happen that it gets "broken" when the page is already loaded, after a while.
    On Ubuntu 12.10 never happened and the Firefox version is always the 20, so I suppose it's a Compiz bug, am I right? Anyway I'm not sure at all about it, so I don't know if it's good to fill a bug report on Launchpad... what should I do?
    Do anybody experience the same?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Broken images in Firefox

As a check, does this happen if you use another browser, such as Chromium? If not, then the problem would seem to be with Firefox, and I would be tempted to just reinstall Firefox from scratch and see if that solves it.
    I am an Ubuntu Padawan.

Beans
    Hidden!

It's not easy to reproduce, and I rarely use Chromium, so I can't say... when I used it never happened.
    Anyway I just tried to start Firefox from terminal and it gives me this error:
    (process:6665): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed

Could it be related?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm not sure... suggestions anyone else? I'd say reinstall Firefox, but maybe someone else out there has a better fix for the problem...?
    I am an Ubuntu Padawan.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Problems like this are usually caused by graphics driver problems. Often they only show up in the more graphics-rich programs, like web browsers. May be worth checking.

Beans
    Hidden!

There are no more recent drivers for now... anyway today FF 21 is out, let's install it first.
    Last edited by perlon; May 15th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok, FF 21 doesn't solve.

Beans

Hi! Someone has solved this problem?
    I have the same on my Ubuntu 13.04/FF22.0

Beans

Hi, I have the same problem, same spec as above. Mind you, I had this problem with U12 and FF21

Thanks

Daniel

Beans

I thought that I'd post to say that within the last two months or so I have been getting the same issue. I'll test chrome to see if that is also affected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast