Thread: Ubuntu and Windows 8 Dual Boot not working

Threaded View

Beans

Talking Ubuntu and Windows 8 Dual Boot not working

Hi there everyone,

My name is Gurinder Hans and this is my first post here. Recently I got into ssh, git and all this server stuff. So I decided to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS because through the terminal you can run all these cool commands. So what I did was create a partition about 40gb and installed Ubuntu on it manually. I have also tried selecting the option 'Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 8 '. Also please note that I fresh installed Windows 8 too and my pc didn't come with Windows 8 pre installed. I have upgraded from Windows 7 which came pre installed with my pc. I have tried installing ubuntu and Windows 8 around 3 times (fresh install). The problem is that each time after I take out the installation usb and restart my computer my pc hangs on the oem screen for a while. It is ridiculously long and after when it gets to the ubuntu boot loader and I boot into ubuntu I have to use the keyboard to login and move around because the mouse doesn't get detected for around 5 mins. Everything else seems fine. Now on the windows side when I boot into windows and login I get an error saying unknown device found and it didn't give me any specific error but if you guys out there can help me find the solution to this it'd be really great because I love Ubuntu and want to run it along Windows 8 which I really like too Thanks. Also I have attached the windows 8 error that I get and hopefully it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gurinder25; May 15th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.