Thread: Shutdown Issue

Beans

Exclamation Shutdown Issue

Hello, I am new to this forum and i came here for help!

My issue is that my ubuntu 13.04 is not shutting down. It just hangs at shutdown screen with dots keep running. It didn't show a error it just freezes there and then i have to use power button on pc tu restart directly!

----------------------------------
    Issue Solved:
    I found that my ubuntu is not starting due to metasploit service not closing. So, i turned it off using bootup-manager and now my ubuntu is shutting down properly. Please close this thread now and mark this as solved!
    Thank You
    -----------------------------------

When problem started to occur:This problem started to occur when i disabled ubuntu error manager or whatever it is because i am tired of getting an error releated to "Speech Dispatcher".Now i trying to enable error manager again maybe it will solve the problem!

What is tried:
    "sudo service lightdm restart" - Stuck after showing " * Checking Battery Status [Ok]".
    "sudo gedit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher" set it to yes, ubuntu takes more booting time after doing this change. However it still hangs at shutdown!
    "sudo shutdown -h now" - Didn't help! still hangs at shutdown screen!
    "sudo poweroff" - Same story it just hangs on shutdown screen forever.

Please help me i am trying my best but i am new to linux and need assistance to solve this problem.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Regards
    iDrofox
    Last edited by iDrofox; May 11th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Shutdown Issue

I have a similar issue too.

When I click on the shut down button on my top right-bar, it doesn't shut down; I have to got to terminal and type sudo poweroff in order for me to shout down my computer. It's very annoying!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    I have a similar issue too.

When I click on the shut down button on my top right-bar, it doesn't shut down; I have to got to terminal and type sudo poweroff in order for me to shout down my computer. It's very annoying!
    Thanks for the reply but it didn't help either!

It looks like the problem is with "speech dispatcher".However i am still trying to find the cause of this problem.

Beans

----------------------------------
    Issue Solved:
    I found that my ubuntu is not starting due to metasploit service not closing. So, i turned it off using bootup-manager and now my ubuntu is shutting down properly. Please close this thread now and mark this as solved!
    Thank You
    -----------------------------------