Thread: Customizing LightDM?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Customizing LightDM?

Hi guys,

I have a dual screen setup and I'm trying to configure LightDM to do the following:

1. Have a non-mirroring display.
    2.Have my VGA screen at a resolution of 1024x768 and my HDMI screen at 1920x1080 but also have a few extra commands there to configure the HDMI screen correctly. ( there is a reason behind this. )
    3. Have the Login box move to which ever screen the mouse is on
    4. Have the screen that doesn't have the mouse on it have the Ubuntu logo on it or something

Pretty much, I want it to act like what nVidia does with their driver ( nVidia users will know what I mean ).

I tried to do something like turning off my VGa screen and only using my HDMI but completely broke my graphics and had to use my livecd to fix it.

If anyone could help that would be amazing!

Thanks.

Jamie E.
    Main rig setup:
    Mobo - MSI 790 Mainboard | CPU - AMD FX43000 Black Edition x4 | GPU - eVGA GeForce 550Ti | RAM - 8GiB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | Other - Corsair H60 Water Cooler | Dual Monitor Setup | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Windows 10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Customizing LightDM?

Have a look at this,it may/may not solve your problem but should help you in a way :
    http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/08/...-dual-monitor/
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    -Homer Simpson

Beans
    Distro

That's not quite what I'm after. That part of it ( the session part ) is all sorted out and configured to how I want. It's the login screen I want to change, the part that LightDM is in charge of rather than XrandR :L
    Main rig setup:
    Mobo - MSI 790 Mainboard | CPU - AMD FX43000 Black Edition x4 | GPU - eVGA GeForce 550Ti | RAM - 8GiB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | Other - Corsair H60 Water Cooler | Dual Monitor Setup | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Windows 10

Beans
    Distro

This is pretty much how I want my login screen to look like:

Any idea's how this could be done? Using either XrandR or some LightDM wizardry?
    Last edited by Jamie_Edwards; May 13th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.
    Main rig setup: