Thread: Multimonitor doesnt persist settings after restart

Beans

Multimonitor doesnt persist settings after restart

Hello,

my problem is that everytime when I restart/start notebook I must set multimonitor settings in sudo catalyst, it is even worse, because I must after every change apply settings.
    I do it in sudo AMD catalyst:
    cloned display -> extended display -> apply settings
    change res of extended display -> apply
    change res of built in display -> apply
    change position of extended display -> apply -> OK

I have AMD 5650 VGA ... ubuntu Gnome remix 12.10 and proprietary AMD catalyst 13.4

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by kubco2; May 11th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Multimonitor doesnt persist settings after restart

Hello!

First off, you should be using gksudo when running CCC in admin mode. Get in the habit of using gksudo whenever you need to open a graphical application with elevated privileges. If you don't, you can really wreak havoc with file permissions and wind up with a mess.

Could you give us a little more information about your notebook? To what type of port are you connecting your external monitor?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Ok, I think I open it in gksudo: winkey ... find it in gnome shell and hit enter, password box will popup ....

I use Acer aspire 3820tg running in AMD VGA only mode .... and I have connected it to HDMI port.
    I have AMD 5650 VGA ... ubuntu Gnome remix 12.10 and proprietary AMD catalyst 13.4

Beans

This partially solved my problem http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...27#post6622027 ... I don't understand why this problem after many years is still here ...
    Now I have only one problem, that after restart I must set Scaling options in amdcccle under external monitor ..... It is set to 0%(in reality it is 8%), but when I move slider, it jumps to 8%, and I must set it to 0% and apply ...

edit: this solved scaling issues ....
    Code:
    sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
    Last edited by kubco2; May 11th, 2013 at 02:35 PM.