Thread: Nautilus 13.04 Theme Help - Only Ambiance Shows Places / Top Icons Properly

Beans

Nautilus 13.04 Theme Help - Only Ambiance Shows Places / Top Icons Properly

Hi All,

I decided to try the Luna theme, which I upgraded to gtk3, on Ubuntu 13.04. Compared to Ubuntu 12.04, a lot of things are not displaying properly when using this theme on Ubuntu 13.04. I can't figure out what's wrong though, as I've looked through the latest Ambiance theme code, and I can't seem to hunt down a couple of new icons Nautilus 3.6 is using. The Luna theme would look fine on Ubuntu 13.04 if Nautilus would use the icons it uses in the Ambiance theme. I looked for these icons in the Ambiance theme (/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-dark/), searched every folder of the theme, and could not find them.

These are the icons I'm talking about:

Notice the magnifying glass for example. With the Luna theme and other stock themes in Ubuntu 13.04, Nautilus looks like this:

Any idea what needs to be done? All help is appreciated.

Beans

Re: Nautilus 13.04 Theme Help - Only Ambiance Shows Places / Top Icons Properly

Those are symbolic icons in gtk buttons

/usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/
    Last edited by mc4man; May 11th, 2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: path

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Those are symbolic icons in gtk buttons

/usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/
    Thanks. Do you have any idea why Ambiance is the only theme properly using these icons? I see nothing in the Ambiance config / theme files stating to use these icons with Nautilus?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    Thanks. Do you have any idea why Ambiance is the only theme properly using these icons? I see nothing in the Ambiance config / theme files stating to use these icons with Nautilus?
    Not a clue though light-themes/ubuntu-mono has been doing so for quite some time,. Just seems to use what nautilus-3.6+ uses..
    (For instance if I want to change/add a button to the nautilus toolbar I do so in nautilus's source & it comes out as intended/edited to.

Beans

I'm not sure when it changed, but it looks like Ubuntu updated Nautilus to fix this issue. Works fine, and I didn't make any changes to the theme. Granted, there are still a few issues with the theme that I need to look into, but the icons mentioned in the OP are working now.