Thread: Wifi wont show up

Beans

Wifi wont show up

hello i have ubuntu 12.04 and i want to connect to internet by wifi but it wont show up and when i press the wifi switch the light wont turn on but when i had windows xp it worked so can you please help me

Beans

Wifi wont show up

hello i have ubuntu 12.04 and i want to connect to internet by wifi but it wont show up and when i press the wifi switch the light wont turn on but when i had windows xp it worked so can you please help me

Beans

Wifi wont show up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wifi wont show up

Please open a terminal with CTRL+ALT+T and show the outputs of the commands:
    Code:
    uname -a
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    lsusb
    iwconfig
    lsmod
    rfkill list

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu is not crafted to work with that machine as Windows was. Linux distributions try to be a one size fits all product and so are not machine specific. You have to do things differently. Have you set up a wireless connection to your router?

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-help/net.html

When you installed Ubuntu did you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? Have you clicked the Network Manager icon in the top panel. Do you see a list of wireless access points in range? Is your wireless access point listed? Is networking enabled? Is WiFi enabled?

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Threads merged and moved to Networking and Wireless.

Please do not start duplicate threads in multiple areas of the forums.