Thread: Help installing Boot Repair Disk and importing it to Unetbootin?

Beans

Cool Help installing Boot Repair Disk and importing it to Unetbootin?

Hi, thanks for reading! Here's my tale of woe... I was dual-booted Win7 adn Ubuntu and tried to partition some space from D to C drive. I used a free software tool to do this with, and somewhere along the line it said "reboot". When I did, I got the dreaded: error: unknown filesystem -- grub rescue>.

I'm now working from my Fedora 15 machine trying to get Boot Repair Disk on to Unetbootin to try to repair my other PC. I've tried many commands on the grub rescue> command line. No success at all. I tried to use Super Grub Disk but my BIOS wouldn't recognize the DVD drive. So now I'm trying to get Boot Repair Disk on to Unetbootin. I can't seem to use Fedora effectively... problems finding/installing Boot Repair Disk, etc.

Could someone please help me through this?

MUCH thanks and appreciation!

sixstringthing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Help installing Boot Repair Disk and importing it to Unetbootin?

YOu can boot with Live Ubuntu DVD/USB install BOOT REPAIR in it and use it to fix the boot issue. After you run Boot Repair it will scan for errors and 'recommend' fix. That is all.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

Thanks fantab. I can't do the Ubuntu reinstall either because I can't figure out how to download and create the USB on Fedora 15. I'm having big time problems doing the simple things on Fedora like "opening Boot Repair Disk" with Unetbootin or vice-versa -----

I'm hoping someone will volunteer to walk me through opening Boot Repair Disk and getting it on Unetbootin. I can't access my DVD or USB drive in BIOS on the corrupted machine, and I think using the Boot Repair is my only option (?)

Thanks again.............

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would use "Brasero" to burn the Boot Repair Disk.iso to a CD. The "corrupted machine will probably boot to the CD/DVD drive first.