Thread: Kernel updates during the same(13.04) release?

Beans

Question Kernel updates during the same(13.04) release?

hi there,
    i had a strong issue further, check this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2130159. today just for fun, i tried out the newest Xubuntu 13.04. just simply choosed it at the LiLi and for my biggest suprise, it worked after many shutdowns and restarts. i thinked maybe, the unity has issues with my AMD, but not. now i already writing from a many times restarted 13.04 Ubi liveusb. unbeliveable
    so i wont try and maybe cant find the older builds of Ubuntu, to figure out which one made the progress. just want to ask: under the same distro used to be updated with the newest kernel or other main components or just something repaird from itself or God helped me
    thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Kernel updates during the same(13.04) release?

A lot of work went into Ubuntu and its flavours (such as Xubuntu) in the last four weeks before its release at the end of April. I tested 13.04 all through its development period and for months I could not run a live session without using an F6 option (more than one option in fact). Then about February/March something changed and I was able to run a live session in the same way that I always had been able to.

There have been issues with proprietary video drivers but the open source video driver (Nouveau) is much improved. I use it instead of Nvidia drivers. Each release of Ubuntu has newer kernels than the previous release.

I am now testing Saucy Salamander and the live session runs fine and also the installation runs fine.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

i already tested one of the first stable releases, so thats why its intresting. i used the open(default) and the proprietary AMD driver, and i wont changed. so i think there was same other issue.
    which kernel is using at the SS?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

SS went from kernel 3.8.0 to 3.9.0 within the first few days after 13.04 was released. And today we got kernel 3.9.0-1.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

thanks one last question
    the wine is opencl capable? so i want to use a videoediter program, and its gpu accelerated with opencl and helps a lot in the preview windows and a small help at rendering too. but the preview accelerate is more important for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Seeing as this thread isn't Saucy specific, moved to General Help.

Beans

sry for bad choose. the problem still alive. these was the 32bit installers