Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless connects, assigns IP, but nothing works (not even ping to router)

Beans

Re: Wireless connects, assigns IP, but nothing works (not even ping to router)

Oh, and I'm actually able to ping my other machine on network (192.168.0.100) but not router.

Beans

Well, check firewall settings on the router. If they're OK, you should file a bug report.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by andyyy57 View Post
    Oh, and I'm actually able to ping my other machine on network (192.168.0.100) but not router.
    That's a little bit of a relief.

As prodigy_ mentioned it, check your router for settings that may restrict that machines access. For instance, DHCP reservations, MAC filtering, Parental control, Access Blocking Policy, etc.

Regards.

Beans

I did something different now, I checked if there is any new firmware for my router and there were a couple! I installed the latest on my router and now everything works perfectly!

Sorry for wasting your time guys

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Glad you sorted it out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andyyy57 View Post
    I did something different now, I checked if there is any new firmware for my router and there were a couple! I installed the latest on my router and now everything works perfectly!

Sorry for wasting your time guys
    Router firmwares need to be patched every 6 months or so. I find it is easier to keep up with releases for the replacement firmwares from dd-wrt, openwrt, tomato ... assuming you don't deploy a business-class system like pfSense with much more powerful controls.

If it has software, it needs to be patched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12