Thread: Win8 Internet Help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Win8 Internet Help

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and i want to use my schools wifi connection, but when i connect, it makes me login with my school username and password, connects, but then the internet just wont work. it says "No Internet Access" when i hover over it and when i open the browser it just says unable to connect. I know that this has nothing to do with Ubuntu, but please help. ive tried alot of other places. the school also has a proxy, and i just copied the proxy setup file(VBS), ran it and then opened it. i have no idea what to do.
    ~Gerrman~

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Win8 Internet Help

Moved to ​Other OS/Distro Support
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Win8 Internet Help

The question that interests me is whether Ubuntu (or other Linux distros)works.

For Win8 problems I think you would have better luck asking this in a Windows forum, call MS's support or ask your school's IT people. Afterall Windows is supposed to have plenty of support there should be no need to get help on a Linux forum.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; May 8th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.