Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Humble Double-Fine Bundle and Blender 2.67 released on the same Day!

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

New Humble Double-Fine Bundle and Blender 2.67 released on the same Day!

Who would have thought that such great things would come to us Ubuntu-ers in such abundance?

The latest Blender comes with SSS support in Cycles and the all new and shiny Freestyle NPR Renderer
    Available in linux 32 and 64 bit versions at www.blender.org

The Humble Double-Fine Bundle comes with four ready to play games (that can be installed through USC, DD or torent) plus a bonus soon to be released game and merch dependant on pricing thresholds.
    I'm Sooo totally stoked about Brutal Legend making it's way into the bundle
    www.humblebundle.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: New Humble Double-Fine Bundle and Blender 2.67 released on the same Day!

Nice find! Was hoping for Brutal Legend to make it's way to linux

Beans
    Distro

4sure Beren Camlost me2.
    I think this game might officially have won the sickest game soundtrack award for Linux with 107 killer metal tracks incl slayer, motorhead, judas priest, anthrax to name a few of the 87 artists and bands you can hear in the game.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i've checked a video of the bundle in the morning and i have to say this is one awesome bundle.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Brutal Legend is awesome! I'd never played it before, so this was a new game to me. I've been playing it on Ubuntu 13.04, check out how it runs in my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfmtP2ntIqM

I have read on Phoronix though, that AMD graphics users aren't able to play it. Anyone can confirm that? It works fine on my Nvidia card with the Proprietary drivers. Can't get Costume Quest to work in Steam yet, I just get a black screen. Brutal Legend will take up most of my time now though

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by myromance123 View Post
    Brutal Legend is awesome! I'd never played it before, so this was a new game to me. I've been playing it on Ubuntu 13.04, check out how it runs in my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfmtP2ntIqM

I have read on Phoronix though, that AMD graphics users aren't able to play it. Anyone can confirm that? It works fine on my Nvidia card with the Proprietary drivers. Can't get Costume Quest to work in Steam yet, I just get a black screen. Brutal Legend will take up most of my time now though
    Looks good! How do you record fullscreen opengl applications under linux? Could you please sent me a link to the program and/or a guide you used to set it up.

Beans
    Distro

thanks for the heads up myromance123 I'm using 13.04 with AMD proprietary drivers, so I'll let u know if i have any luck with running Brutal Legend once I've finished downloading it...

Beans
    Distro

I can confirm that Brutal Legend is working on my desktop pc running Kubuntu 13.04 with Catalyst 13.4 drivers (AMD closed source drivers)... and that it totally rocks to the max!
    barely got past the intro and onto some in-game action, cause i been geeking out at the amazing artwork and killer soundtrack, which kicks off with Diamond head's original version of "am i evil" followed shortly after black sabbath's "children of the grave" from master of reallity. you just don't get more classic than that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Brutal Legend is, uh, awesome, by which I mean that it's so over-the-top that it's a delight to play. Costume Quest is worth a few giggles, and Stacked is certainly an original concept. I already had the excellent Psychonauts from an earlier Bundle.

I should mention that this old rocker was not a fan of early-70s metal at the time, and my tastes haven't changed much. But BL is still a headbanging good itme.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I should mention that this old rocker was not a fan of early-70s metal at the time, and my tastes haven't changed much
    Hahaha same here. I don't really know most of the songs, but it still sounds pretty rockin. Artistically, the game has a pretty cool theme throughout. Not to mention, I still haven't finished it. It's really long for the singleplayer campaign. Anyone who hasn't gotten this bundle, you're really missing out! This, I dare say, is a better bundle than even the Dungeon Defenders bundle in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast