Thread: dual band PCIe wifi adapter card RT5592 problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

dual band PCIe wifi adapter card RT5592 problems

I'm having trouble getting my Rosewill N600PCE card working. I'm hoping there is a guide somewhere that someone can point me to or a driver that works I just somehow missed after a day trying drivers and reading SERPs. I'm running a pretty much stock "Mint" that is about 2 days old. This is a new build, so I thought I would give Mint a try. The juicy details follow:

The chipset is Ralink RT5592. It seems to work, here is my "lspci" output for it:

Code:
    03:00.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. Device 5592
    This is the only driver I found that even kinda worked, but could not connect to the router

HTML Code:
    http://rosewill.com/support/Support_Download.aspx?ids=3_145_362_2322&flag=d
    Here is my "uname -a" output

Code:
    Linux testbench 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    I was able to get the card controlled by the network manager, but I was never able to see any networks.

I'm happy to post any additional info needed and thanks in advance for any help!
    "If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: dual band PCIe wifi adapter card RT5592 problems

I'm thinking of getting a card with this chipset, did you ever get it working?
    No man earns punishment, no man earns reward. Free your mind of the idea of deserving, the idea of earning, and you will begin to be able to think.
    Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed.
    Member of BOINC Team Ubuntu, spare cpu cycles benefitting humanity.