Thread: 'feel like some customization has been lost. might just be the new version...?

Beans

'feel like some customization has been lost. might just be the new version...?

a lot of problems I can relate to that are then solved (that I've seen in various threads on a few different sites) seem to be with applications or scripts that are no longer available on the software center. I'd go into details but then it might start to sound like more of a technical support issue xD

what say you, ubuntuforums?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 'feel like some customization has been lost. might just be the new version...?

which is why the user would post about the problem here.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 'feel like some customization has been lost. might just be the new version...?

Unity is fairly locked down by design, but all the rest of the variants can be customized to look and feel however you want them to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

am OS is just a platform to run apps. it must to be rock solid.
    i am against the customization. i see actual unity much more solid than gnome 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rrich1974; May 7th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.
    dell inspiron 1521, AMD Turion, ATI mobility radeon x1270.

Beans

[QUOTE=rrich1974;12637584
    i am against the customization.[/QUOTE]
    Why, as most os you can do what you want with it, Unity mainly sucks because its so locked down