Thread: About Gsettings...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

About Gsettings...

I like the 'shade' feature which will roll the window up with middle-button click on title-bar, which was there upto 12.04. I see that it is replaced with 'toggle-shade' which is similar to 'shade' but it does not actually roll up the window.

I tried to change it with gsettings:

Code:
    $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences action-middle-click-titlebar shade
    to which I get: "The provided value is outside of the valid range"

But in dconf-editor its description says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Description: action-middle-click-titlebar
    This option determines the effects of middle-clicking on the title bar. Current valid options are 'toggle-shade', which will shade/unshade the window, 'toggle-maximize' which will maximize/unmaximize the window, 'toggle-maximize-horizontally' and 'toggle-maximize-vertically' which will maximize/unmaximize the window in that direction only, 'minimize' which will minimize the window, 'shade' which will roll the window up, 'menu' which will display the window menu, 'lower' which will put the window behind all the others, and 'none' which will not do anything.
    Also the drop-down value 'range' that dconf-editor gives for the schema are, "toggle-shade", "toggle-maximize", "toggle-maximize-horizontally" and "toggle-maximize-vertically".

However, the default value is set to 'lower', which by the way is also not listed in the dropdown values. But it can be set to 'lower'.

How can I add value 'shade' to the schema?
    Need help in figuring this out...
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

Re: About Gsettings...

It appears the 'roll up/down' effect is gone, so it's won't matter even if you could add 'shade' to the schema (which you can't as it's not an enumerated value.

current allowed are
    $ gsettings range org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences action-middle-click-titlebar
    enum
    'toggle-shade'
    'toggle-maximize'
    'toggle-maximize-horizontally'
    'toggle-maximize-vertically'
    'minimize'
    'none'
    'lower'
    'menu'
    even the scroll action on title-bar (gwd setting) is now only shade, unshade, no roll up/down effect

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: About Gsettings...

Thanks mc4man. Its sad to know that it is gone. I wish we can get it back, I simple loved the effect. Until then, its "toggle-shade".
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."