Thread: Aeemblying my first Linux Tablet

Beans

Cool Aeemblying my first Linux Tablet

I was more into Microsoft technology before and works on CRM but I want to assemble a low cost 10inch Linux tablet And need some suggestion in building it.I am not a hardware expert nor a Linux expert. Need some suggestion to build it low cost. My requirement need to run just one App but with good graphics on a 10 inch tablet with multi touch minimum hard disc I need wifi and just 1 usb / micro usb drive to transfer data when not in wifi . . No mouse, GPS, Phone, Camera, type stuffs require. I want to build it as cheap as possible but durable. Can anyone suggest me hardware and OS to choose. OS and hardware need to support standard Graphics though extremely rich not require .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Aeemblying my first Linux Tablet

Unless you have enough money to invest in R&D and a manufacturing plant it's going to be impossible for you to build your own customized tablet.

You should look at what is already available for you to purchase on the open market.
    Cheesemill

Beans

Light Weight touch based OS

Can you help me deciding on a free OS which can support touch screen to be installed on OLD tablets.
    I will run just 1 application on that may be a browser like Google chrome OS . just need wifi and its better if OS is without any GUI.

I can say want to develop a embedded device quickly without much C or C++ coding

my old tablets have 700Mhz processor and 512 MB ram only yes hardware compatibility can be a issue but let me first decide on OS .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Aeemblying my first Linux Tablet