Thread: Looking to Upgrade

Beans

Looking to Upgrade

Well i've been using linux/ubuntu for a few years now on and off and finally decided i wanted to upgrade, but this is where i'm now stuck..................

Ive been using easy peeasy/ubuntu 10.04 for many years as originally it was for my daughter and it seemed the best option at the time, much better than windows xp which was just way to slow. i've got that installed on an asus eeepc 701sd, 8GB hard drive
    512 MB memory and an intel celeron processor running at 900MHz.

I've tried the new ubuntu 13.04 on live usb and installed ad it runs perfectly the only draw back was i couldn't get the eeepc acpi settings so i couldn't get the screen to the right size as the default it picks up is massive and you can't see all of the window due to buttons being off the bottom of the screen.
    Anyone know of a way around this as i really liked how well it worked with my netbook (even though i thought it wouldn't)

Now for the other part of my question if there isn't a way around this what version of ubuntu would you all recommend it doesn't have to be one made for a netbook/eeepc as the full versions work and i have multiple 16GB SDCH cards available to use.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Looking to Upgrade

Closed, duplicate here. Please don't open more than one thread for the same question.