Thread: Stopping file sync resumes upon exit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Stopping file sync resumes upon exit

Currently, I am in a remote area, and have to tether with my phone via Bluetooth to get Internet (USB tethering always locked up my Droid Razr whenever the screen dimmed), and cannot use file syncing because I only have a 2 GB data plan (Verizon is the only good option where I live so I have to fork over my money for their overpriced plans). Obviously, if I have a 0.6 Mbp/s download, 0.1 Mbp/s upload speed on a crappy 3G signal, file sync and doing anything online cannot be in the same balanced equation.
    I realized that when I did a mass retagging in my music library (incorrect album names), each file would be reuploaded, so I immediately turned off file sync. Thinking everything was good, I then closed it, only to see the uploading notification appear. It seems that every time I close Ubuntu One, it forgets that I turned off file sync.
    Though I am leaving tomorrow, I need to know how to get Ubuntu One to remember what I tell it to do for when I have to tether in the future.
    Also, I know I can kill the process, but the only problem is I know I will forget and wonder why file sync is not working because I have a terrible memory.
    Last edited by Ubun2to; May 4th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Stopping file sync resumes upon exit

So you open the Ubuntu One app and click on disconnect button, go into settings and make sure there is no check mark in connect automatically when computer starts? MY only suggestion if that does not work is to consider uninstalling Ubuntu One until you get to a area where you can use it.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Stopping file sync resumes upon exit

Quote Originally Posted by DMGrier View Post
    So you open the Ubuntu One app and click on disconnect button, go into settings and make sure there is no check mark in connect automatically when computer starts? MY only suggestion if that does not work is to consider uninstalling Ubuntu One until you get to a area where you can use it.
    Sounds like a bit more work than necessary just to get the point across. But, I guess that is my best option for when I have to tether.
    I'm going to inform them of this bug. Anyone with a data cap will know what a nightmare this can be.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.