Thread: Can't ping one computer in my local network

Threaded View

Beans

Can't ping one computer in my local network

Hi,
    I have two computers in my network, a dell and a eeepc. Recently I reinstalled my dell. Now, I can use it to connect to the Internet, but I can't connect the two PCs via ssh anymore. I use autoscan-network from the eeepc that can't find my dell ; and autoscan from my dell can't find eeepc... The two PCs are be able to ping the router and to the Internet, but not between them. Router seems right, and firewalls are down. It seems that it's my dell that has a problem, here are the results of the commands below:

Code:
    iwconfig
    eth1      IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:"freebox_ThiMoMe"                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
              Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.452 GHz  Access Point: C6:8C:76:EB:76:34                                                                                                                                                                                                   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
              Power Management:on   

cat /etc/hosts                                                                                                                                                                                       
    127.0.0.1       localhost                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    127.0.1.1       hulin-Latitude-E5520                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    192.168.0.12    eeepc                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters    

cat /etc/hosts.allow 
    # /etc/hosts.allow: list of hosts that are allowed to access the system.
    #                   See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and hosts_options(5).
    #
    # Example:    ALL: LOCAL @some_netgroup
    #             ALL: .foobar.edu EXCEPT terminalserver.foobar.edu
    #
    # If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for the
    # daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and IP
    # addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as for
    # rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8) and rpc.mountd(8)
    # for further information.
    #

ALL:127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0/24

cat /etc/hosts.deny 
    # /etc/hosts.deny: list of hosts that are _not_ allowed to access the system.
    #                  See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and hosts_options(5).
    #
    # Example:    ALL: some.host.name, .some.domain
    #             ALL EXCEPT in.fingerd: other.host.name, .other.domain
    #
    # If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for the
    # daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and IP
    # addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as for
    # rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8) and rpc.mountd(8)
    # for further information.
    #
    # The PARANOID wildcard matches any host whose name does not match its
    # address.
    #
    # You may wish to enable this to ensure any programs that don't
    # validate looked up hostnames still leave understandable logs. In past
    # versions of Debian this has been the default.
    # ALL: PARANOID

cat /etc/hostname 
    hulin-Latitude-E5520

cat /etc/host.conf 
    # The "order" line is only used by old versions of the C library.
    order hosts,bind
    multi on
    I

Thanks a lot,
    Thibaud.
    Last edited by Thibaud74; May 14th, 2013 at 08:40 AM.