Thread: Postfix Error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Postfix Error

I am on a Linode VPS 1024 Server running Ubuntu 12.04.
    Installed Software includes Apache2, PHP, MySQL, Postfix, Dovecot.

I recently upgraded my Linode and in the process had to switch my Kernel from 32bit to 64bit.

Around that time Postfix began throwing errors like
    postfix/cleanup[17164]: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf is unavailable. unsupported dictionary type: mysql

My mail.log is at http://pastebin.com/zqGrwe2J
    Postconf -n http://pastebin.com/zmd9rZHc
    Postconf -m http://pastebin.com/gq3QHELv

I tried the Postfix IRC channel, but was told this was told
    "Debian modifies postfix to allow them to dynamically load support for different DB types. Postfix is saying in the logs that it doesn't support mysql, and yet according to postconf -m it does. I can only conclude that this is affected by the code that debian has modified, and since it is modified by debian you will need to get support from the debian (or ubuntu) package maintainer for this issue."

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Postfix Error

Try installing the postfix-mysql package if it's not installed already. Often features like this which rely on modules to interface with other software are packaged separately. The same holds true for PHP5, which has a php5-mysql package to handle the same task for that software.

You can see all the packages with a given string in their names with the command "apt-cache search string". I found postfix-mysql by running "apt-cache search postfix".
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Postfix Error

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Try installing the postfix-mysql package if it's not installed already. Often features like this which rely on modules to interface with other software are packaged separately. The same holds true for PHP5, which has a php5-mysql package to handle the same task for that software.

You can see all the packages with a given string in their names with the command "apt-cache search string". I found postfix-mysql by running "apt-cache search postfix".
    Yes, thank you.
    apt-get reinstall install postfix-mysql corrected the postfix errors, then dovecot started throwing similar errors, a quick apt-get reinstall install dovecot-mysql corrected that error.