Beans

Re: seemingly unsolvable problem with Wi-Fi

...and my dd-wrt setup...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

icu12345,

It seems your wireless issue has been sorted out and the VPN issue, as you found yourself, is unrelated and a whole different thing that we may not be able to help with.

Accordingly, I think you may thank Dr. Chili555 and mark this thread as [Solved], as it does contain a solution (suggested by him) that improves the wireless connectivity.

As for the VPN issue, I'm sure you'll get much better help if you post the problem in "Sever Platforms" section of the forums. You may start a new thread there and post a link to this thread in it, if seems relevant, as reference. Alternately you may request the mods (using the "Report Post" button) to move your last two posts to a new thread in a suitable section with a title that is more relevant to the VPN issue.

Since wireless and VPN are different issues, it will also be more helpful for others looking for help on one of the issues, if the two problems are discussed separately.

Just an opinion

Good Luck!
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Dr. Chili555, thank you for your support, you really helped me out here.
    varunendra, thanks for your advice. The thread now moves here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...004&p=12642539
    (in order to keep the thread clean my last 2 posts could be deleted)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123