Thread: Cannot edit profile

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Cannot edit profile

I logged in after some time but did a post about 12 hours ago. Tried to update my profile but the system does not allow me to. I would appreciate if you can check this out for me please.

Many thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cannot edit profile

It looks like you are in the "users awaiting email confirmation" group, which is why you aren't able to edit your profile.

Have you changed your email or password lately?
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Usergroup confirmed.
    PM/emailed (I hope)
    The system should update your account in <1 hour. If that doesn't happen, please feel fee to PM me directly!
    Last edited by Iowan; May 3rd, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The same here. I get an error message telling me that I can't edit my profile until I have 25 posts.
    You have to spam the board as part of the methodology to stop spammers. Otherwise you won't be able to edit your profile.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by adad View Post
    The same here. I get an error message telling me that I can't edit my profile until I have 25 posts.
    You have to spam the board as part of the methodology to stop spammers. Otherwise you won't be able to edit your profile.
    The sticky is quite clear, as is this bit:

Q: Then that is simply going to encourage people to post a large number of replies just to get their post count above 25.

A: If the posts are helpful and have useful content then we have no problem with that. Indeed, that is to be encouraged. But if anyone posts a number of posts without useful content in an effort to circumvent this restriction, they will find that staff action will be swift and uncompromising. Persistent pointless posting is no better than spam and will be dealt with as such. Reporting spam does increase your post count - 1 bean for each report - so you can increase your post count and help the forum in its unremitting battle against the spammers by reporting any spam post you come across.
    Be warned.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Friends :

How do I know my post-count ?

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Look in your profile - you've got 15

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello and wecome to the forums!

Look for "Beans" to the right of your profile on any of your posts.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've also been unable to edit my profile and avatar, though I have 26 beans. I've also already done the email verification. Is this a bug of some kind?

EDIT: I think I've found the issue. It refreshes every hour. so someone who has just recently hit 25+ beans won't be able to edit their profile until permissions are refreshed. So in an hour or two, it should work fine, as long as everything is running smoothly. Here's the quote from the sticky where it answered it:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2034393
    Once you have achieved 50 25 posts in support areas, all profile customisation (including avatar and signature) will be available. A script runs every hour on the active (logged in) accounts to adjust permissions so it may take up to one hour for this to happen after your post count has reached 5025. Please note that posts in the Community Cafe and its sub-forums, Forum Feedback & Help and its sub-forums, and the Testimonials & Experiences forum do not increase your post count.
    Last edited by Shansie; May 14th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by Shansie View Post
    I've also been unable to edit my profile and avatar, though I have 26 beans. I've also already done the email verification. Is this a bug of some kind?
    Patience!

A script runs every hour on the active (logged in) accounts to adjust permissions so it may take up to one hour for this to happen after your post count has reached 25.
    EDIT: the script has run! Have another go.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.