Thread: How can I change default font in my system ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

How can I change default font in my system ?

I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 and running my browsers ( Chromium and Firefox ) by "Freesans" font. I don't know what I did caused all fonts changed to "Arial". I tried to change it by tweak, my browsers font setting, but none of them worked for me. Please help this font is really bothering.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How can I change default font in my system ?

Are your sure that it is a system setting that has changed? In Chromium we go to Customize & Control Chromium>Settings>Show Adavnced Settings>Customize Fonts>Fonts & Encoding. And can select a font from there.Incidently the default font for Chromium on my system is Abyssinica SIL.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sinaphysics View Post
    I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 and running my browsers ( Chromium and Firefox ) by "Freesans" font. I don't know what I did caused all fonts changed to "Arial". I tried to change it by tweak, my browsers font setting, but none of them worked for me. Please help this font is really bothering.
    The system font is set in Appearances in your desktop configuration. But it's not clear from your post whether you mean the font of the pages that come from other sites, or the font of the menus and other dialogs in the browser.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I too have changed system fonts unsure how and unsure how to undo 13.10 has no settings that I'm aware of to change back. I've gotten used to it though but even before I changed it I was exploring the GUI and surprised when I didn't. see this setting.
    ubunto - Loving the Sauce