Thread: Trying to understand xboxdrv for emulating Xinput under Wine with a non-Xinput gamep.

Beans

Question Trying to understand xboxdrv for emulating Xinput under Wine with a non-Xinput gamep.

Hope I chose the right subforum.

Well, I have the greatest, in my opinion, gamepad of all -- Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1. I love it.
    But you all know that almost all of Windows games require Xinput-compatible controller. (Microsoft's indirect monopoly enforcing...)
    In my experience with Windows -- I used to employ x360ce Xinput-emulator and it was doing the job perfectly fine fooling those games.
    The problem is -- it doesn't seem to work under Wine. Every time the xinput_3.dll wrapper library is loaded -- Wine crashes.
    I tried installing xinput dlls with winetricks, since x360ce uses native MS libraries being a wrapper, but to no avail.
    Considering x360ce translates Dinput to Xinput and there's no actual Dinput under Linux -- the use of x360ce seems inadequate anyway.

So I heard about xboxdrv and, as I understand, though it is not the main intended use of it -- it is possible to use it for Xinput emulation for games running under Wine.
    But the huge manual to xboxdrv doesn't fit in my mind. I feel like I'm at a loss. Could someone clarify things for me or, if possible, help me configuring it properly for my gamepad?

From freedom came elegance
    Last edited by Erquint; May 1st, 2013 at 10:50 PM.