Thread: Still says "new release available" after upgrade

Beans

Still says "new release available" after upgrade

Just upgraded my Linode server to 13.04 successfully. When I ssh into it though, it still says the new release is available.

Code:
    Welcome to Ubuntu 13.04 (GNU/Linux 3.8.4-x86_64-linode31 x86_64)

New release '13.04' available.
    Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.
    When I run the do-release-upgrade command again, it just says "no new release found" because there are of course no further upgrades.

How can I fix the glitch that's causing it to tell me there's a new release available even though I already upgraded to it?

Beans

Re: Still says "new release available" after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kethinov View Post
    Just upgraded my Linode server to 13.04 successfully. When I ssh into it though, it still says the new release is available.

Code:
    Welcome to Ubuntu 13.04 (GNU/Linux 3.8.4-x86_64-linode31 x86_64)

New release '13.04' available.
    Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.
    When I run the do-release-upgrade command again, it just says "no new release found" because there are of course no further upgrades.

How can I fix the glitch that's causing it to tell me there's a new release available even though I already upgraded to it?
    This also happened to me - I ssh'ed to it and left the session running over night. In the morning I cam back, my session had closed. I started a new session and rebooted it and I had this message. I personally think (guess) that it is to do with me ssh ing to it and missing out some really important step where it requires my input. As you say, you can't upgrade it when it is at the latest version. I am not overly fussed about it but if you really want to get rid of it, I would see if they is some way of running the upgrade script again.

Hope this helps

Aron

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Still says "new release available" after upgrade

I posted a link with the possible cause and solution here
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.